Saturday, 26 March 2016

Simple Easter Holiday Look

Happy Easter everyone! The mid semester break is right around the corner and I'm really needing that break this sem. I'm sorry for not posting earlier but second year has been pretty full on. In terms of fun, I've been exploring Newcastle a bit more and trying out different places. I've also been trying to ditch my heavier foundations in favour of a medium coverage CC cream instead. Since the last few days have been pretty cool, I've been trying to cut down on the products that I use as well. 

I start with my every day skincare routine which is just moisturiser, sunscreen and lipbalm. My first makeup step will be applying a thin layer of the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream. I noticed that the CC Cream wasn't really strong enough to cover my redness so I decided to powder over this with MAC Studio Fix Powder which is a medium coverage powder. This can be substituted with any powder (translucent might be better if you want to go for a dewy look). I'd highly recommend using a powder as my bb/cc creams tend to slip and transfer throughout the day. 

I used this cute Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette for all my eye makeup. I used Silk Teddy (a shimmery light pink) all over my lids before applying Nudie (a matte light brown) to the outer thirds of my eye. Next I used a combination of Push Up (shimmery neutral brown) and Chocolate Martini (warm brown with gold sparkles) in my crease. Finally I used a damp small angled brush to apply Sexpresso (matte dark brown) as my eyeliner. My favourite L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara was used generously to both my top and bottom lashes. 

I've been digging around in my collection for some brighter lip colours and I found a never opened tube of Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Mi-A-Mee, which is a bright coral pink colour. It really is the summer spirit in a little tube. 

And that's it! It's a super simple look that only takes a couple of minutes to do so it's perfect for a lazy weekend in! I'll probably be spending mine catching up with a couple of friends, dress shopping, movies, playing pool and potentially visiting the Easter Show if I still have time! Hope you guys have a great Easter weekend! 

What are your long weekend plans? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)