Tuesday, 3 May 2016

A Venture Into Reds

Where did April go??? I've been so busy with uni and college so I do have to admit that I've been neglecting my blog a little. It's also because I'm on a makeup ban and I think that left me a little uninspired for a few weeks. However, I've been drafting up some really exciting post ideas so keep an eye out for those in the near future! :)

 I'm not sure if you can tell, but I'm not really a red lipstick kind of gal. I tend to gravitate towards pinks and plums and it's interesting because I'm actually a huge fan of red lipstick but I just don't seem to wear them often. Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon is a lovely sheer red that I've been sporting for the past week and I've been loving it.
As a lip butter, it feels amazingly lightweight on the lips and doesn't sink into my fine lines at all! It's a little sheer but hydrating and can still pack a punch of colour onto your face whenever you need it. I started off by dabbing this lightly onto my lips for just a tint of colour and slowly progressed to wearing it outright. It's not the kind of red lipstick that I'd wear to a formal party, but it's definitely one that can be used every day without too much fuss.
An issue that I've been experiencing is just how soft the bullet is. It's been quite hot in Newcastle recently and I've discovered that it can melt or look quite sticky when it has been left in a bag for too long. I guess the softness of the bullet is just a result of the lipstick formulation so I won't blame it for that. The silver lipstick case can get a little dirty when the bullet melts but I just wipe it off with a clean tissue or wet wipe.

Price and Availability: Still a couple of tubes available at Cosmetics Fragrance Direct

Repurchase: If I can find more of them

What are your favourite discontinued products? Let me know in the comments below! 

2 comments:

  1. I've had issues with lip butter melting! I don't really have a favourite discontinued product. I do like limited edition stuff though :). Also, I too live in Newcastle!! Not trying to sound creepy, but are you at UON too? We might have passed each other unknowingly! Also, is your blog name an Avatar reference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lipbutters and the different shades that they do in them! I find that all of my lipsticks melt in the hot weather, ugh but I still would probably reach towards the revlon lip-butters more to bring with me on my holiday because of how lightweight they are :)

    Ploy x

    ployvarn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)