Monday, 3 October 2016

Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while - I've honestly got no excuse besides the fact that I was super busy with uni/life and I wasn't particularly inspired at the time to do more posts. The funny thing with blogging is that it always starts off as being super fun and a great hobby to pass the leisurely summer holidays but it always gets to a dull point too. Maybe it's just me but sometimes I feel like my posts get repetitive with reviewing products. Anyways onto to the review! 
I was recently shopping my stash when I found this little guy again! I know I was late to the Colour Tattoos craze last year and I'm still late now as I'm reviewing it! I had a period where I just got a little bored of my existing powder eyeshadows and I wanted to venture out into trying out more products. I wanted this shade specifically as it's a lovely neutral golden shimmer that could be quite versatile. I've seen people online calling it a dupe for the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study which I do agree with.

I'm still unsure as to whether I got a dud from Chemist Warehouse but as you can see, the eyeshadow is pretty clumpy and uneven. It all still blends out nicely once applied onto the eyelid but it does require more effort. It was definitely quite dry when I first purchased it and has dried up even more over the summer months. 

Here's a swatch of it indoors with natural lighting. As you can see, it's really quite shimmery and a little goes a long way. Lasting power is also quite excellent as it has been able to last me a whole 8 hour work day with only minimal creasing and fading. Despite the fading, I think that the actual shimmer is still quite long lasting as it is still visible. I love this shade as it works great as a all over lid highlight as well as as a primer/base product for powder eyeshadow application. 
L-R: Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes Palette "Virgin", Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded, Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette in "Silk Teddy"
I just wanted to compare the Colour Tattoo with some other neutral shimmers that I own. These are all great shades to use all over the eyelid if you're looking for some natural every day sparkle. Chi Chi "Virgin" (first shade) is a bit more white looking than golden and seems to have a cooler tone. Too Faced "Silk Teddy" looks more pink than peachy and seems to have a stronger shimmer. Once applied onto the eye lid, I find that the differences between the 3 are quite subtle and all look great on. 

Price and Availability: $12.95 from Priceline and Chemist Warehouse.

Repurchase: Yes I'd love to try the other shades

3 comments:

  1. I've heard eye drops can temporary restore cream eyeshadows! Definitely agree blogging can have its moments...big applause to those who post everyday I don't know how they do it!!

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blogging world! I recently picked this up for a friends wedding since I'm helping with the makeup. I have bad to the bronze and love it, especially since it is so long lasting, and thought this shade would be great for paler skin. The swatch looks amazing! Shame it's dried out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thank you for the sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)