Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Review: Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve

Wow it's so weird blogging again. I wish I had a good reason for why I left but the truth is I never meant to leave and it just sort of happened. I got busy with life etc and it sort of got left on the side. I'll probably do a tldr update post but that'll probably be later. The main reason why I decided to blog again was because I was packing to go home for the holidays and I remembered how much I liked this lipliner! (superficial, I know)

Review: Essence Lipliner Satin Mauve
Today's review is going to be a short and sweet one on the Essence Lipliner in 06 Satin Mauve. I picked it up at the full price of $2 at Priceline during their perfume sale last year. It's not the first lip liner that I've owned but it's actually the first that I've ever tried on my lips and not just swatched on my hand. I've never really understood the love for lipliners - they're just basically pencil lipsticks right? I was so wrong until I started using one. 
Excuse the smudged sides - I think I want to sharpen my lip liners and my eye liner pencils with separate sharpeners so I'll have to go out to get another one. Satin Mauve really isn't a colour I thought I would like as I tend to go for brighter pinks (like 05 Cutie Pink).

I would probably describe it as a neutral to cool toned mauve. It works really well with Maybelline's Touch of Spice matte lipstick! It was honestly such a flattering shade for me to use during one of my placements or in any office/professional setting. It can be used as both a lipliner or just as a lip base colour if you don't want anything as dramatic as a lippie!

Review: Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve

It wore pretty nicely during the day and it became a placement favourite. My skin is usually drier in the winter months but I haven't had any difficulties using it yet though I do think that it could be a little smoother. I found that it didn't settle into my lip lines and it faded quite evenly throughout the day. There's no scent to the product which is what I prefer. 

Overall, this is such a lovely lip liner for the price! $2 can barely get you any nuggets at Maccas but it can get you a pretty lovely lip liner at Priceline! I'm definitely keen to try out more lipliners after this one but I'll have to sort through my current makeup stash first.....

Price and Availability: $2 at Priceline Pharmacy 

Repurchase: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)